Collect all your files for download in one place
A summary has been published of a CLASP funded study exploring the Potential for Renewable Energy Development in Blackburn with Darwen and Hyndburn. This project expanded the evidence base for renewable energy planning policy development, and an approach for measuring the theoretical visibility of potential wind energy deployment. Read the summary here.
Resources Developed by Lancashire
On this page you find resources developed as part of the CLASP Climate Change Skills Fund Programme, including:
A training seminar was delivered by Julie Martin Associates and included a number of local authority representatives from Rossendale, Blackburn with Darwen, Lancashire County Council and Pendle. As well as a presentation there were workshops with live examples and a lively debate with a clear consensus among attendees that they felt much more confident about the key issues and how to use the guidance.
Click here to download of presentations from the seminar.
This project provided training to planners to improve their appreciation of the potential in their area to generate energy from renewable sources and to Planning Committee members to improve their understanding of sustainable energy and planning considerations. The following outputs are available:
- Lancashire Renewable Energy Sessions for Planners - Three seminars, aimed specifically at planners in Lancashire, were held earlier in the year in Preston, Blackburn and Blackpool. Click here to download a copy of the summary, presentations and notes from each of the sessions.
- Lancashire Renewable Energy Factsheets - Standard information about renewable energies and planning requirements is also available on all Lancashire council websites to provide better information for residents and businesses. Click here to download copies of the factsheets.
- Community Renewable Energy Training - A 2-day Level 2 NVQ course, developed by Neighbourhoods NW with Clasp funding, delivered to community groups in Pennine Lancs. Click here to download all the training material.
- Blackburn with Darwen Renewables in the Home Presentation - A short talk of about an hour on small scale renewable energy technologies that are suitable for both residential homes and small businesses. Click here to download a copy of the presentation.
- BRE Renewable Heat Course - A 2-day course for planners to introduce the technology and issues to be considered in policy development and dealing with planning applications.
SQW Ltd (SQW), supported by Maslen Environmental and CO2Sense, were commissioned by Lancashire County Council to undertake a study to facilitate the development of sustainable energy resources and provide follow up guidance and support to local planning authorities. The following outputs are available:
- Taking forward the deployment of Renewable Energy - This report provides the results of the deployment analysis and scenario testing for renewable energy capacity in Lancashire by 2020. It includes an assessment of the implications for LAs and recommendations for increasing potential developments in the future. Click here to download a copy of the report.
- Planning Guidance for Renewable Energy - Providing guidance and a starting point for planning officers providing advice on planning issues associated with onshore renewable energy technologies, helping to develop appropriate planning policies and guidance and to inform planning application decisions concerning renewable energy. Click here to download a copy of the report.